The NYT recently had a fun feature on the resurgent popularity of coasters, which they attribute to the cocktail culture converging with the artisan/maker movement, with coasters offering the perfect mini-canvas.
They included our clever new Coastline Coasters by Reed Wilson:
But we also have a LOT of other fabulous coasters, many of which can be custom-designed and personalized for a fantastic gift.
1. For example, woodworker Brad Weckesser’s wood map coasters can be laser-cut into the shape of any state or country, then they’ll etch a heart by your favorite city, and even add a date or name at the bottom if you’d like. These would make a fun wedding favor or a great gift for anyone:
2. Or create a completely custom set of 50 letterpress coasters in the shape, design, monogram or text, and color of your choice—a glamorous housewarming gift!
3. Jazz up the patterns and colors with this custom set of 4 reusable hard-backed coasters:
4. Help guests keep track of their drinks at a party with these "Hello My Name Is" coasters that you can write on with a dry-erase marker, and then wipe clean after the party:
5. Or have some fun with these pick-up line coasters:
6. The list goes on and on, but if you’re itching for spring, an effortlessly elegant hostess gift are our letterpress Flower Coasters, fetchingly packaged in a clear box tied up in ribbon and ready to gift.